The nature of vintage clothing makes original or marked sizing outdated to today's modern sizing. We intend to be as informational as possible with our sizing, which is why we provide all measurements possible for any given garment. Should you have any sizing questions, always feel free to reach us at hello [at] mothball memoirs dot com.
We measure FLAT - meaning we will give you the measurement of one side of a garment. Here are a list of example measurements:
- Pit to Pit: 19 in. (This is the measurement of the middle point of your armpit to the other armpit. This number gets doubled to give you a more accurate idea of how the bust and back will fit you.)
- Waist: 15 in. (This is the measurement of the smallest part of the midsection of garment or where the natural waist line sits. Our measurement is of only one side of the garment. This number gets double to get an accurate measurement of the garment.)
- Hip: 20 in. (This is the measurement of the largest part of your hips, so the point where your booty pokes out the most is where you want to measure completely around with your feet together. Our measurement is of only one side of the garment. This number gets doubled to get an accurate measurement of the garment)
- Length: 48 in. (This is the full length of the garment)
- Sleeve Length: 13 in. (This is our measurement of the sleeve from the seam of the shoulder to where the sleeve ends)
How To Measure Yourself at Home:
If you don't have a soft measuring tape at home, your best bet is to take a long piece of thread to measure yourself and measure against a ruler or tape measure you may have handy. You'll want to make sure you get your pit to pit, waist and hips measurements. Use those measurements to compare with the MBM pieces that you may be interested in.
This is also a great trick to see if you'll fit into something when you're shopping thrift or vintage in store but can't try on. If you know your measurements and have a measuring tape with you, you'll be able to eyeball the garment of your dreams without any fuss.